Andrew Heredia Post 1:


Group 1 - Overview


My group was in charge of reviewing Chapter 3, then making a presentation to share with the class. Working with my group on our class presentation was a really good experience. We all worked together nicely and helped each other out. Even when we had questions, we figured them out together, and had great teamwork the entire time. It felt good to see our hard work pay off when we presented in class. Everyone when presenting did their part on sharing their side of the chapter. I learned a lot from my group, and I think we made a great team. Our PowerPoint came out perfect with beautiful pictures, and detailed text to showcase highlights and examples from the chapter. Overall, I enjoyed working with them, and it made our class project more enjoyable and successful.


My page from the chapter was about "Culture and Communication" and it expanded on a lot of topics I didn't really know much about. It taught me about the meaning of culture, what comes with it, what values it holds, and the definition of "culture shock" and "intercultural communication". Culture shock is a term used when engaging in a new cultural situation, and intercultural communication refers to the interactions that occur between people whose cultures are so different that communication between them is challenging.


Group 2 & 3 Overview


In my class, there were two other groups besides ours who also did their class presentations on separate chapters. Both groups did really well in their presentation. They seemed very organized and knew their topic inside and out. They had great visuals and explained everything clearly. It was easy to understand what they were talking about, and they engaged the class with interesting pictures and explanations. It was nice to see everyone's efforts, and I think we all learned something from watching each other's presentations. It's clear that everyone put in a lot of work, and it was a valuable experience for all of us.


My Experience


I honestly was very nervous initially enrolling in the class, but this project showed me I could do it. I tend to start stuttering on my words when public speaking, and this class will definitely help me with that. I most likely will continue stuttering while presenting, but as time goes on, I know I'll get better with my speech. This group has done nothing but help me with my questions, also while checking up on the entire group to see if we're all done and ready to present.

Video Summary

Here's a video that describes what my page of the chapter is about.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brianna albert- post 2

Hassim Post-01

Moises Cueto - Post 2